Dosing Guidelines for Cough & Cold Syrups
To avoid giving too much medicine to your child, carefully follow the directions for use of the product.
SAFETY TIPS- COUGH & COLD PRODUCTS FOR CHILDREN
- Do not use cough and cold products in children under 2 years of age unless directed by a physician.
- If other medicines are being given to a child, the child’s physician should review and approve their combined use.
- Read the label to and follow the dosage instructions.
- Follow the directions. Do not give the medicine more often or in greater amounts than is stated on the pack.
- If a child’s condition worsens or does not improve, stop using the product and immediately take the child to the doctor.